Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Phil and Laine





Phil is still working at Triumph Air Repair. This time last year they were laying people off. Thankfully business has gotten stronger and this has been a better year for the company. Phil has been very busy and has been working a lot of over-time. Given the state of the economy we are especially grateful for this blessing. He was released as a ward missionary and is now the first counselor in the Elder's quorum at church. In February he had to undergo surgery to remove his gallbladder. He had been quite ill and unable to eat much of anything for several months. After much testing they finally figured it was that nasty old gallbladder. They were able to perform the surgery using laparoscopy so his recovery was much quicker. He was only out of work for a week with light duty and half days the next week. He sometimes says he wants his gallbladder back because he had lost a lot of weight when he was sick. That's a terrible way to lose weight though. He was pretty dang sick. He enjoys going to the gym and plays racquetball on Saturday mornings with some guys from church.



I am still doing medical transcription from home. I am also still the Wolf den leader. Both keep me busy. I decided to go back to school this year and enrolled in the digital photography program at the local community college. I took one class in the summer and just finished the fall semester having taken two photography classes and the computer photographic imaging class. It was pretty crazy trying to keep up with everything but Phil and the kids were a huge help and support. I have 5 weeks off then will start the next semester. I have at least one more semester after that. Eventually I'd like to start my own photography business. I've had some great opportunities this year that have given me some experience and chances to work on building my self-confidence as a photographer. I was able to be the event photographer for the Gilbert Constitution Fair, photographed for a community production of Les Mis and also photographed for a friend who has put together a wonderful collection of photography-art on the constitution and founding fathers with a show featuring these works of art and music. (You can check out her work at http://www.capturedmiracles.org) I have been so blessed to have these wonderful opportunities. If you are so inclined you can check out some of my work on my Smug Mug site: http://lainethomasphotography.smugmug.com

We reached a big milestone in July this year, our 25th Anniversary. My sister, Tonya, got together with my parents, Phil's Michigan family, Jess and Dallin and planned a surprise party for us. It was wonderful to have most of Phil's family fly out from Michigan and to have Jess, Dallin and Ellimere fly out from Idaho. What a great way to spend an anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment